Thursday, June 5, 2008

Audacious!


OK, I cannot wait anymore!  I have to tell you all about my brand new perfume called "Audacious".  Why that name?  Well, because I think it says that whoever wears this wants to be noticed, has a little attitude and is confident.  This is my first successful (if I do say so myself) attempt at creating a "Floriental" perfume (a combination of Floral and Oriental categories); notes of Pink Lotus Absolute and Tuberose were my inspirations and I added notes like Cassia and Linden Blossom as a sweet, yet spicy base.  I added very light Top notes that would only bring out the heart and base, not overpower; like Petitgrain, lemon and Coriander.  This is a sexy perfume that can be worn during the day as a lovely Summer Blend reminding you of the blossoming flowers of Spring and Summer and also at night with it's spice and sweet base.  I had one of my best Etsy customers sample this blend and give me feedback.  Here is what she says about "Audacious":

"When I think of floral perfumes I think of the stale perfume the old ladies wear at the grocery store. When I put Audacious on, it is indeed a wonderful blend of floral/spicy/sweet. They are all equally balanced, not overpowering one another. First you smell floral mixed with sweet...and then the afternotes are a nice spice. This is definitely a perfume you'd take with you to wear all evening out. Perfect for office use too."

It took me a while before I really fell in love with this blend myself.  The hard thing about creating blends is that sometimes you won't love it as much as others will and vice versa, but I try very hard to only create blends that I myself would wear. Sometimes that means creating blends I think would be liked by others and then putting my own twist on them making them blends I would wear. I think I have to do it this way or my heart is not in it. Anyway, about 4 weeks into it, after letting it sit, I started to see what the blend could be.  As it "married" it became so lovely and I couldn't help but love it.  It just makes me feel sassy!

So, I will be listing this in my shop over the next day or so.  This is a pretty exquisite perfume and will be a tad pricier than my other blends, but I think that you will adore it.  I am also working on a musk/gourmand blend now hoping to get that ready for middle/end of summer release.  

9 Comments:

TotusMel said...

I have such respect for those who can create scents. I'm pretty certain I would end up with skunk if I tried.
-pam

Gabriel's Aunt said...

Thank you!!! I am sort of obsessed with it, waking up in the middle of the night with ideas of blends. It is a blast!

Anonymous said...

Oh cool! Congrats on the new scent! I wish computers had scratch and sniff (:

Kim said...

wow! may you do well with your new scent!

Gabriel's Aunt said...

Thank you guys!!! Nice to see you RegalBeads!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! How cool, you so rarely meet people who create perfume. That is just so neato! :)

ThePeachTree said...

Fantastic name!

Green Subjective said...

Congrats on your new scent! Keep the goodness coming.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful scent! I'll have to give it a try!!