Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My first blog!

Hi all-

Well, this is my first blog and I look forward to writing about my adventures in my business and elsewhere! For those of you who came to my blog from the site, then you are familiar with my products. If not, here is a little about me. My name is Nikki and I am the owner of Gabriel's Aunt. I specialize in high-end, natural candles and, just recently, Natural Perfumes. The perfumes have been something I have wanted to create for a long time and now I am finally doing it. The Natural Perfume Community is small, but growing every day. I have created 5 perfumes as of now. All are distinctly different and so much fun to wear. From the super sexy "Sweet Love" that has Australian Sandalwood, Nutmeg, Tahitian Vanilla, Cocoa Absolute & Rose to the Sweet, feminine and floral "Sweet Love" that has Orange Blossom, Magnolia Flower, Geranium & Neroil. To see a list of my all new perfumes, visit my website listed here. If you are not familiar with the world of Natural Perfumery, please visit the NP site (link is on this page). Right now I am working on some unique blends using many of my own infusions. Things like, coconut, honey, brown sugar and other things. I am working on taking some classes to further my knowledge and both Anya McCoy (anyasgarden.com) and Ayala Sender (ayalamoriel.com) are both sources from which I aim to grab more knowledge! They both are planning on offering classes either this summer or early Fall so look into it if you are interested in knowing more.

I think things are about to become really exciting for me and my business! I am waiting on a review of my candles to come out in the Fall Edition of the Massage Therapy Journal on August 1st. This is the first time my products have garnered any sort of attention in a major (or not so major) publication. Also, the funky and oh-so-cool indie shopping site, www.wickedlychic.com, is writing a review on my candles in their upcoming summer "Beautify Me" Column.

So, there is a lot going here at my little company. I look forward to getting my perfumes and candles into the hands of many more of you! I will post the reviews as soon as they come out!

0 Comments: