Thursday, November 13, 2008

My candles going greener!




I have been thinking for many months on the best way to start cutting back on the amount of packaging I use.  I have always offered a recycling discount and encouraged people to discard of their candle packaging responsibly, but I wanted to make things a little easier.  So, I started with my larger 8oz. candles.  I have completely switched over from the square containers to a lovely round "rocks" holder.  That was a good start. I really liked the new look of the round containers (maybe because I was tired of the other style) and thought "Why should I cover these up with anything?"  I put a label on and liked the look, but I had to come up with some way to cover the candle and protect the oils. I knew it would have to be something made of paper (I didn't want a lid anymore) and what better paper than the kind that has been recycled already, is hand-made AND PLANTABLE!  So, I contacted ClaudiasCreations on Etsy and had her make paper for me to use.  She specializes in this so it was perfect.  She makes gorgeous recycled seed paper and it looked great with my new look.  Well, now I have updated some listings in  my Etsy shop with the new packaging and listed some additional candles. So, it is a perfect time to try them if you haven't already.  If you have, then come on back and see the greener packaging.  I love it and I feel good about making the switch over! 

2 Comments:

Tracy said...

Love the new look...so clean, so simple...And the greener, the better! ;o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

Livy said...

Hello! Thanks for commenting on my blog. About that little beaded/embroidered bag... I actually found it at Kohl's several years ago. It was for my high school prom, so I keep it it around out of sentiment...but I don't think I've used it since though, it just sits and looks pretty.