Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Meditation 101, Inspiration and Desert

About 6 weeks ago, I agreed to, with my BF, start taking meditation classes at a local Buddhist temple. Being the incredibly restless girl that I am, I knew this would be a challenge for me to just be still and observe life around me. Sitting still, turning the thoughts off that drive me to anxiety at times, and letting things come in and just be....these are thing that do not come naturally. I guess they don't to anyone. Well, last night was our last class (at least for this phase of it) and I left wanting to take this practice to a whole other level. I am inspired to calm my mind and live my life being present. Completely present. Now, this takes daily practice of which I am not certain I will complete, but I am going to try. If I fail, I will try again. This leads me to my feelings of inspiration the past few weeks and finishing a blend that has been in my head for some time. My brain and senses have been working overtime with all the early Spring blooming and the need to create is very strong right now. After coming back to my workshop once class was complete, I had the 2nd wind to put the finishing touches on a Violet/Cedarwood/Cognac blend I mentioned in a previous post. I added some Grapefruit, Sage, Myrrh, Champa and Pink Lotus as well as other oils. Most oils in this blend take me to a place of quiet reflection. I imagine sitting in the Desert taking the sounds of the dry earth in and smelling the bits of dirt, sage bush and blooming desert flowers. So, it made sense for me to call this new GA Essence blend, "Desert". It reflects my new found practice of quiet and being present while taking me to a place where you can do this freely. I will be listing this new perfume in the next week. Look for more new products as well!

0 Comments: