Monday, April 5, 2010

Honeysuckle and Smoke


OK, so I am going a little nuts right now with the overwhelming amount of scents around me lately. As a perfumer and candle maker, I want to make every good smell into something I can burn or wear on my skin. Several walks through different Seattle neighborhoods have produced a new inspiration for perfume (always a great thing!). One walk, in particular, through the Capitol Hill neighborhood brought together a mix of scents that took me straight to Summertime. It was one of the warmer evenings we have had lately and people were outside grilling and enjoying their evenings. We walked past a group of incredibly fragrant flowering vines; reminiscent of Honeysuckle and then, poof!, a whiff of someone's wood burning grill. I was overwhelmed by the combination of the wood smoke and the sickly-sweet honey and floral combination. As the smoke permeated our clothing and skin, we would pass another of these white-flowering vines and I would get the combination of sweat, skin, wood smoke and honey florals. Amazing and like nothing I have ever experienced. My obsession is now taking the form of my newest perfume. Name is TBD, but it will be an amazing blend. I am hoping to get it finished by the end of the month in time for some of my Spring/Summer events. If anyone knows the name of the gorgeous-smelling white flower, please let me know. I do not have a pic so it will be hard to identify from my post here (the pic above is Honeysuckle) I may try to take a picture of it on the next walk we take as they seem to be everywhere. Hope everyone had a great Easter and Seder.

0 Comments: